Farm & Home Builders Installs the Best Siding & Trim Products In The USA
James Hardie is a company that believes that their customers should love their home and be happy every time that they see it. They are a widely recognized and respected siding and trim provider nation-wide. Their products well exceed their competition and they have even earned the Good Housekeeping seal based on scientific testing and engineer research. James Hardie is known for testing their own products as well. Siding and Trim products by James Hardie have been featured in many well-known publications such as Builder, DIY Network’s Blog Cabin, remodeling Cost vs. Value Report, Midwest Living, Coastal Living, and Money magazine.
Being in business for over 125 years, James Hardie is definitely a reliable company. Below is a list of some of the products that they offer:
- HardiePlank® Lap Siding
- HardieShingle® Siding
- HardiePanel® Vertical Siding
- HardieTrim® Boards
- HardieSoffit® Pre-Cut Panels
- Artisan® by James Hardie
- HardieWrap® Weather Barrier
- HardieBacker® Cement Board
Choose James Hardie Siding & Trim For Your Kansas City Home
With multiple color and style options, James Hardie Siding has a lot to offer. Homeowners can choose from styles such as fresh, neutral, cool, warm, light, dark, and more. James Hardie is sure to have the perfect siding for your particular and personal style. Farm & Home Builders is a reliable installer of James Hardie products, and we can help you to find the right siding and trim for your home.
Whether you are updating your current home with new siding, or building a new home, Farm & Home Builders in Kansas City are your number one choice for siding installation. Our professional installers have many years of experience and place a high value on customer service. We also offer free estimates to all of our clients.
To learn more about siding and trim options for your Kansas City home, give us a call today or visit the James Hardie Website.
A Proud Installer of Beechworth Windows
Farm & Home in Kansas City, MO is a proud installer of Beechworth Windows. Manufactured here in the United States, Beechworth is a premium brand of windows that uses the best fiberglass on the market. These windows are beautifully crafted with the color and warmth of real wood interiors. Beechworth is owned and operated by James Hardie Building Products in Wisconsin. Below are the following styles that Beechwood Windows offers, all of which can be installed by Farm & Home Builders:
Awning: Fiberglass awning windows are designed with solid scissor arms and a side locking system. These windows are built to last, and have airtight seals that provide incredible durability and energy efficiency.
Casement: The incredible air infiltration rating on these casement windows shows that they have amazing energy efficiency. These windows are made of top of the line fiberglass.
Double Hung: With several colors and styles available, Double Hung windows by Beechworth are highly desirable on the market today. The durable fiberglass on these windows moves 12 times less than vinyl and 5 times less than aluminum. This means that they can endure harsh weather conditions and remain stable for many years.
Picture windows: Picture windows are non-operational windows that are custom made to be an addition to functional Beechworth windows. They will add a great aesthetic look to your home. Since they are custom fit for your home, they can be easily installed.
Sliders: Beechworth slider windows are also custom made for your home. With both compression and mechanical interlocks, these slider windows are very energy efficient. Due to their inward tilting slash, they allow for easy maintenance. You can expect smooth and quiet sliding from Beechworth sliding glass windows.
Beechworth Only Chooses The Best Window Installers in Kansas City, MO
Since their brand is highly preferred and their reputation is one of great customer service and quality products, Beechworth Windows only selects trusted window installers. Farm & Home Kansas is a provider of this fantastic brand because we hold the same standard of quality and professionalism. Let us be your number one window installer in Kansas City, MO and surrounding areas. Give us a call today to get started with your quote. Go ahead and visit the Beechworth Windows website for inspiring design ideas for your home.
If you live in the Kansas City area, then you are probably aware of the cold temperatures and harsh winters. While cold weather and snow may be ideal for building snowmen and skiing, exterior home improvement projects might be another matter. Before winter gets here, make sure your home has durable siding. Vinyl siding is a popular choice that many homeowners prefer because it is low maintenance and attractive. It is designed to withstand cold and harsh winter conditions, such as snow, ice, high winds and rain. Most home contractors and remodelers trust vinyl siding over aluminum and wood because of its unlimited benefits for Kansas City homes.
If vinyl siding is not properly installed, it will not last and will not protect your home against outside elements. Farm and Home Builders will install your vinyl siding using all of the right equipment and materials on the market. Unlike other siding companies, our vinyl siding has interlocking panels and precision-contoured insulation. This allows the installers to fit insulation into corners and under seams.
Vinyl Siding Benefits
If you need help choosing the best siding material for your winter home, consider the following benefits.
- Improves home’s energy efficiency
- Keeps homes warm during winter and cooler during summer months
- Increases the value of your home
- Minimal maintenance
- Withstands high winds, precipitation, and fluctuating temperatures
- Will not rot, warp, crack or twist
- Does not require re-painting or re-finishing
- Can be installed over existing siding or new home
- Less outside noise and creates a quiet indoor atmosphere
- Fade resistant
- Strong, secure panels
- Test, proven and warranted
- Resistant to termites
- Water-resistant panels
- Provides insulation
Since vinyl siding offers many benefits, more homeowners have been preferring this option. Vinyl siding comes in a variety of colors to suit your design needs. The color stays true over a long period of time and will not scratch. You can also choose different style options, including shakes and scallops.
Whether you need vinyl siding for durability or energy efficiency, it is important to learn how it will benefit your home’s exterior, especially during cold winter conditions. Contact Farm and Home Builders today, so we can help you enjoy the beauty of vinyl siding in Kansas City.
Need professional siding and windows? Farm and Home Builders offers Preservation siding and windows for Kansas City homes. Preservation provides quality and energy efficient siding and windows. They use the latest materials on the market to reduce heating and cooling costs while complimenting your home.
Why You Should Invest in Preservation Windows?
There are many advantages to choosing Preservation for your windows. Some include the following:
ORIGIN II™ VINYL TECHNOLOGY
- Rugged, durable and maintenance-free
- Won’t blister, peel, rot or deteriorate
- Does not require painting or staining
INTEGRAWELD FUSION WELDING
- Provides superior strength
- Does not require below-the-face flash clean up
- Clean low-spread appearance
- Prevents air seepage and leaks
- Double-Hung, Sliding, and Casement Windows consists of a beveled exterior masterframe
- Provides different installation methods and styles
MAXUM33™ FIBERGLASS SASH REINFORCEMENT
- Featured in Double-Hung and Sliding windows
- Adds superior strength to the sash meeting rails
- Increases stability during high wind conditions
PROGRESSIVE EFFICIENCY SASH AND MASTERFRAME INSULATION
- Energy efficient
- Helps insulate
TRUECAPTURE™ SLOPED SILL
- Featured in Double-Hung windows
- Provides elegant appearance
- Energy efficient
- Withstands harsh conditions
EVENFORCE™ BALANCE SYSTEM
- Featured in Double-Hung Windows
- Provides smooth and easy sash opening and closing
- Tested for durability
- Provides clearer, sharper view
- Repels insects
Benefits & Features of Preservation Siding
Preservation siding provides the following unique features:
UNIQUE XTD™ FORMULATION
- The finest raw material is used to create a unique XTD Formulation
ULTRAPURE™ VINYL RESINS
- Vinyl chloride resin is a material used to prevent rot and shrinkage
- Resists outside elements such as rain, snow and ice
- Adds beauty to siding
TI-SHIELD™ TITANIUM DIOXIDE
- Guards against ultraviolet rays from the sun
STABLEMATE™ VINYL STABILIZERS
- Prevents ultraviolet damage and thermal heat build-up
DURASHIELD™ IMPACT MODIFIERS
- Provides impact resistance
- Protects homes against hail, sleet and debris
- Able to withstand high winds
COLORTHRU™ PIGMENT CONCENTRATES
- Available in a variety of colors
- No staining or painting is required
- Makes colors look new and fresh
- Won’t wash away
- Minimal cleaning is required
ENHANCED THERMAL EFFICIENCY
- Increases energy efficiency
- Adds interior comfort
- Reduces heating and cooling costs
MORE THAN FIVE TIMES THE IMPACT RESISTANCE (IR)
- With ClimaShield, our siding had a IR rating of 340 psi
EXCLUSIVE ULTRABEAM™ CONSTRUCTION
- Prevents deformities, such as wavy lines and even walls
ROLL-OVER NAIL HEM FOR MAXIMUM WIND RESISTANCE
- Made with a double thick rolled-over nail hem to withstand high winds
RESISTANT TO INSECTS
- Contains PREVENTOL® TM EPS to detract termites and other insects
Preservation windows and siding will make a quieter home that is more breathable. Our products are backed by a lifetime limited warranty to ensure your home has superior quality.
For quality windows and siding, contact Farm and Home Builders in Kansas City. We’ll make your home more energy efficient, so you can save money on heating and cooling costs. Contact us today for an estimate.
Do you have window issues in need of quick repair? Is your home drafty and uncomfortable? Windows should last a long time, but unfortunately they don’t. Just like other home maintenance issues, they compromise your home’s energy costs. One of the best solutions is to repair your faulty windows rather than replacing them. You’ll save money in the long run. There are common window problems that every homeowner should be aware of.
Types of Window Problems and Effective Solutions
Look for the following types of window problems:
- Faulty Windows: Hard to open and close windows are common issues. The existing hardware may need to be replaced or adjusted. If you have hung windows, inspect the sash support system. For casement or awning windows, try replacing the window operator.
- Broken or Moisture on Glass: Condensation on the glass means the insulated seal was damaged and needs to be replaced. Broken glass needs to be replaced too. At Farm and Home Builders, we can repair your window sash and broken glass.
- Window Air Leaks: Drafty windows can allow air to leak through worn down window weatherstrips. Over time, this could increase your energy costs. If you feel air leaks, check the weatherstripping which is located around the perimeter of the window sash.
- Security: Broken window locks and latches could cause safety concerns. Replace any broken parts by matching the old ones.
- Torn Window Screen: Damaged window screens can easily be replaced. If the screen frame is in good condition, it can be reused and fitted with new screen mesh.
If you are having window problems, contact our Kansas City professionals about window replacement. It will reduce outside noise, increase the market value of your home, and make your living space comfortable year round. Contact Farm and Home Builders today for an estimate.
Whether you are constructing a new home or replacing siding on an existing one, choosing the best siding is crucial. After all, it is a huge investment that can pay dividends in the long run. With all the siding materials and colors on the market, how do you know which siding is best for your home? Despite that difficult choice, there are a few factors that you can consider to help you choose the best siding for your home.
Due to extreme weather in Kansas City, your siding needs to be able to withstand all weather conditions, such as high winds, snow, hail, heat, and rain. Without durable siding, it may crack and fade over time, which can be expensive to repair. At Farm and Home Builders, we can help you make the best choice on which siding material you should choose for your Kansas City home. We offer a wide range of siding options to accommodate your home’s needs.
Siding Options for Kansas City Homes
When looking for siding, always consider these key elements:
- The style of the home – Choose a style that fits the rest of the home, including the windows, doors and roofing.
- Neighborhood – Add curb appeal to your home by choosing a color that sticks out from the crowd, but still looks tasteful alongside the other homes.
- Resale appeal – If you sell your home, do you think people will be turned off by the color? Choose a color that may appeal to you and the buyer.
- Color – Choose a color that you love, since you have to look at it everyday
After considering these key elements, look at the pros and cons of different siding options. Some siding options include:
- Cheaper than other siding materials
- Little to no maintenance
- Water resistant panels
- Won’t warp, dent, rot or swell
- Capable of burning, rattling or fracturing
- Overlapping ends of the panels
- Wood appearance from a distance, but has a plastic look up close
- Well-maintained siding can last for years
- Increases resale value
- Can be installed both horizontally and vertically
- Impact resistant
- Can be cut into desired shapes and sizes
- Consistent, uniform appearance
- Requires proper installation
- High maintenance requiring power wash and sealing
- Choice of wood determines life span of wood siding
- Bad wood can rot or warp
- Lack of maintenance results to wood-damaging insects
- Detracts insects
- Wide range of patterns and textures that mimics wood
- Pre-painted metal
- Fire resistant
- Steel siding can be expensive
- Thicker and heavier material requiring more time and money to install
If you need help deciding the best siding option for your home, contact Farm and Home Builders today. We offer a variety of high-performance siding options, such as board and batten, vinyl siding, shakes & scallops, and more. We use siding by Preservation, the most energy efficient siding manufacturer in the industry. Contact us today, so we can help choose the best material for your Kansas City home.
When Should I Replace My Windows in Kansas City?
With Autumn fast approaching, it may be time for a last ditch effort to replace your windows. You might be thinking of a warmer home and lower energy bills for the Winter. Those are both great reasons to consider replacing your windows, but how do you really know it is time to replace the windows in your Kansas City area home? Let the window installation professionals at Farm & Home Builders help you. We can help you look for the problems that might occur with your windows over time that might mean you should consider window replacement. We also would be happy to inspect your home. Let us look at your current windows to see if it is time for replacement. We have an experienced window installation team that know all the signs of window problems. We serve the Kansas City area, and have years of experience with home exteriors including windows, siding, roofing, and door installations.
Once your home is around 15 years old, it’s time to be checking your windows for replacement. There are quite a few signs that are easy to spot:
1. Moisture on the inside of your windows
2. Higher levels of heat or cold (depending on the season) around your windows
3. Windows that stick or don’t or close easily may indicate problems
4. Rotten wood around your windows
5. Higher energy bills
6. Color changes in the wood around your windows
Great Reasons for New Windows for Your Kansas City Area Home
These are all good reasons to consider new windows. There are many good reasons to consider new windows for your home as well. Not only do new windows help with the resale value of your home, but they can help lower your energy bills too! New windows are easier to use, can lower the noise level in your home, but much easier to clean, and even be made to match the style of your home better than your current windows. Farm & Home Builders is a premier window installer in the Kansas City area. We use Preservation windows. They are known for quality, beauty, and efficency. There are many window types available from Preservation including:
- Double Hung Windows
- Sliding Windows
- Casement Windows
- Awning Windows
- Bay Windows
- Bow Windows
- Box Windows
- Garden Windows…and More
To learn more about the benefits of Preservation windows, to get information about window installation or window pricing, contact the team at Farm & Home Builders today. We look forward to helping you update your home with a new window replacement installation.
We welcome you the the Farm and Home Blog. We will be sharing latest news and articles here.